Friday, June 24, 2011

MAET (Year 1) Week 1

It has been a crazy week.  I feel like I got picked up by a giant tornado that whisked me off to East Lansing and then spun me around for five days straight.  Its been a crazy ride but I am very proud of all of the things that I've accomplished and learned.  Here is a wordle I created to organize all of the things I've learned about.


Wordle: RS MAETY1 Week1
If you look closely, you can see a lot of different programs and tools in the Wordle and we did spend a lot of time discovering and experimenting with these various tools, sites, and software but it was never the focus.  The main focus of the week was the creativity and connections that the technology can create.  Its always important to remember that a student is the most important thing in a classroom.  Not a teacher and not a piece of technology.  The challenge is connecting to these 21st century learners and giving them the kind of education that will benefit them in their unknown future.  This week I feel like I learned about a bunch of different ways to create those connections that will help my students enjoy my class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment