Friday, July 15, 2011

Multi-Genre Project: Learning to Shoot a Bow and Arrow.

In the novel "The Hunger Games", the main character, Katniss, is lethal with a bow and arrow.  One of the only times that Katniss is ever happy in the story is when she is out in the woods hunting game with her trusty weapon.  The bow reminds her of her father that she misses deeply and it comforts her while she deals with all of the turmoil that surrounds her.  It is as if the bow is an emotional compass for Katniss.

I thought I would give it a try so I went to the Bass Pro shop and got a lesson.  I ended up shooting a 55 lbs all wood recurve bow.  It was a lot of fun and I found out I was far from lethal.

Here is a video I made of the event

3 comments:

  1. I have not read the novel “The Hunger Games” but I am impressed by how the novel motivated you into shooting a 55 lbs. wood recurve bow. The shooting tips presented in the video are remarkable. Visit the following website if you want to learn more about shooting a bow and arrow: http://wildernessmastery.com/hunting/shoot-a-bow-and-arrow.html

    ReplyDelete